Updated on: August 25, 2020
Please note that our Services may be accessed through certain third party services permitted by us. The collection, storage, use and disclosure of your information by such third party service providers will be subject to their own privacy policies. Accordingly, we recommend you review such privacy policies as well.
1. Collection of Information
We may collect and store the following information from or about you:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us. For example, when you authenticate your account or make purchases from us, you provide us with your phone number or credit card and other payment method information. Similarly, you may also provide your information when you (i) participate in our surveys or other marketing promotions, or (ii) communicate with us by a variety of methods, such as contacting our customer service. We may also collect your information when you chose to provide ratings or save preferences or account settings, or otherwise provide information to us through your use of the Services. Please note that, while you may not provide certain personal information about you directly to us, such as your name, gender or birthdate, these information may be provided to us via your Facebook Account that you use to sign up for our Services (see “Information from Third Party Services” section below).
- Information We Collect. We collect information about your use of the Services and your interactions with us and our advertisements, as well as information from and about your browser, device or network that you may use to access the Services (see “Cookies and Other Technology” section below for more information on our use of analytic tools and technologies for the collection of information). The information we collect may include: (i) your activity on the Services, such as title selections, the Contents you have watched, and search queries, (ii) your interaction with us (such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcript of any conversation, the phone number you used to contact us and call recordings), and (iii) your IP address, device type, browser and software characteristics, geolocation data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers and identifiers associated with browser cookies, and carrier information.
- Cookies and Local or Browser Storage. Cookies are small data files that are transferred to and stored on your device, when you browse websites or use online services. Local storage, browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5) are the technologies that serve functions similar to those of cookies. If you wish to stop accepting cookies or be prompted before accepting cookies, you may do so by changing your browser setting. However, please note that disabling cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the Services.
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Mobile SDKs. Web pages, videos, or emails in connection with the Service may embed web beacons or pixel tags which collect certain information from your browser or device and check whether you have viewed a particular web page, advertisement, or email message. We may also use mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) to collect information, including how you use our Services through your devices, and certain advertising identifiers.
- Information from Third Party Services. Our Services are accessible through third party services under your consent. When you access the Services through a third party service, we may collect identifiers including your user ID or user name registered with such service and other information you share with that service or you have authorized that service to share with us.
- Information from Partners and Other Sources. Under your consent, we collect information from other companies with which you have a relationship in connection with the Services (“Partners”). These Partners may include the companies through which you may access or interact with the Services, pay for the Services or receive access to the Services as part of your relationship with such company. The information we collect from these Partners may include identifiers that support authentication, activation, and personalization of the Services and other information in connection with payment processing and other billing-related matters. We may also collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, public databases, our marketing partners, and advertisers.
2. Use of Information
We use the information we collect from or about you to provide, analyze, enhance and customize the Services and our marketing efforts so that you can have a first-class user experience with our Services. For example, we use the information we collect to:
- provide the Services and relevant customer support;
- process your registration, subscriptions, purchases and payments;
- contact and communicate with you;
- provide you with the customized and personalized Contents and advertisements;
- administer promotional activities or events;
- identify the Contents you have viewed and shared;
- analyze and understand our users, improve the Services, optimize our selection of the Contents and customize our Contents recommendation;
- compile aggregate data for business purposes;
- prevent, detect and investigate security incidents and fraudulent, illegal or harmful activities and enforce our general terms and conditions (which is available at www.cookie-tv.com, the “Terms”);
- protect your and our rights and comply with relevant laws and regulations; and
- use for other purposes that we may further disclose to you.
3. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information to the following relevant parties for certain purposes, as described below:
- Partners. We may share certain information from or about you with our Partners to report, analyze, register, activate, administer, enhance, improve, customize and personalize your experience with us or the relevant Partners and for any other purposes, depending on your relationship with the relevant Partners. For example, we may share your Facebook Account, gender, age, mobile device or other information from or about you with mobile service providers and/or mobile device manufacturers. We may also engage with our Partners from time to time to provide you joint promotional events.
- Service Providers. We engage other companies, agents or contractors to provide services to us or to assist us with providing the Services (“Service Providers”). Service Providers include our business partners, advertisers and companies that assist us with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management, account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing, advertising, measurement, and other services. Depending on the types of services provided by Service Providers, we may share certain information about or from you to the limited extent such information is necessary to perform their services and for such purposes only.
- Third Parties for Protection of Cookie and Others. We may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information in the event such disclosure or use is necessary to (i) protect the rights, property, safety or securities of Cookie, our users or third parties; (ii) comply with any applicable laws and regulations or orders or requests of the court or other government authorities, (iii) enforce our Terms, or (iv) detect, prevent or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities or security or technical issues.
- Third Parties in Connection with Certain Transactions. In the event of any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale or transfer of assets of Cookie, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of the transaction.
4. Your Controls and Choices
You have certain controls and choices over the use of your information.
- Promotional Communications. You may choose to receive push notifications from us on your device or otherwise turn them off by using the settings of your device. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving administrative messages, service announcements, and messages regarding the Terms or your account transactions.
- Information Associated with Your Facebook Account. As explained above, as you use your Facebook account to sign up for our Services, your personal information associated with your Facebook Account may be provided to us. If you wish to change the scope of information provided to us, you may do so by using your Facebook settings.
5. Security and Account Access
We use a variety of reasonable administrative, logical, physical, technical, and managerial measures to safeguard information about or from you that are in our possession, against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. Despite these efforts, we cannot rule out a possibility of a data breach. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time.
Please note that when you allow others to use your account, they may be able to access your information in connection with your use of the Services
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update any outdated or inaccurate information about you that are in our possession. You may also request us to delete your personal information that is in our possession. You may also delete your account in accordance with the Terms. Please note that, even after you delete your account, we may retain some of your information in accordance with applicable law for various legal, operational, accounting, and auditing purposes.
You must be at least 13 years of age to register for, subscribe to and use the Services. If you are at least 13 and under 18 years of age, you may use the Services only with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.